Letter From Rhys - Week # 34 – Improvement and Confession!


Buenas Lunes From the tropical land of the Republica Dominicana!

This past week we have had the wonderful opportunity to hear something awesome from my comp! After 3 or 4 weeks of saying he doesn’t speak English, he confessed! He Speaks ENGLISH!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!! It annoys me a little but it was able to get over it really fast.

The week started off a bit slow because as many of you know I lost my last P-day to the renewal of my residency. So, I wrote you all on Tuesday and it was a very brief message.

Well, to keep it short, the week before last, I had been having a lot of problems with my companion and he was not wanting to cooperate with me in the work together as a team. After talks with the district leader and zone leaders, I hoped things were going to get better. Well... they didn’t... But fear not my humble followers!

Two weeks ago, we had General Conference! After the conference finished, we continued to try to work a little more together. This past Wednesday, our companionship took off in a very positive direction! I have no idea what the heck happened. I assume that it had some correlation with General Conference but I’m not certain. We suddenly started to be on fire as a companionship. We still don’t quite get along, but we are at least working together now.

This past week, as well, we’ve had a lot of fun in the evenings as we have returned to the apartment. Elder Gamas and Elder Walker usually spend the night together singing cheerleader or other songs that one of Elder Gama´s friends sent him the lyrics to. I usually hang around and talk with Elder Esserine and sometimes just listen as he messes around and annoys the bejeebees out of Hermana Cabrera, who is training a new missionary named Hermana Black.

Just to clear things up as well, Elder Esserine is their district leader. Only District leaders are allowed to talk to the Hermanas over the phone, all other elders are not allowed. So, usually as well Hermana Cabrera and her companion annoy us back just like a little game! Sometimes since I can’t talk with them directly, I’ll just scream or talk really loudly so she can hear what I’m saying! It’s actually really entertaining and it kills time in the evenings.

We also were able to play a cool game based off the Book of Mormon in a zone activity we had this morning called Reign of the Judges! It’s really fun and I recommend my family find some way of investing in it! Oh, and I should mention Elder Chu did join us for the Zone activity but I forgot to take a photo with him and the zone so we’ll have to wait until my next opportunity! Sorry!

Well folks, that’s all for this week’s report of Shenanigans from the East mission’s most awesomely humble missionary! Bye and I’ll see you all next week!

Going forth with the Vision of Christ and an Eye of Faith,
Elder Rhys Wheeler

P.S. Mom! Thanks for the typo fixing. I’m sure the crowd loves it as much as I do! Keep it up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1