Letter From Rhys - Week # 46 – Bautismo!!!!!!!!!


Feliz lunes from the tropical land of the Republica Dominicana!

This past week was awesome!!! Filled with fun and adventure and the best part... Getting Wet!!!!!! From the baptismal font that is.

The weather has actually been very dry... but humid...Anywho, on Tuesday we ran to the church in the next ward over to play basketball with some people from the Brisas Ward.  We ran a solid mile and I was still hot and pumping lots of energy to play some basketball! I also had a nice exchange with some of the members in my district. I went to Boca Chica with Elder Roberts, and his companion Elder Chadwick came here.


Rhys and Elder Roberts
Elder Roberts is super cool and works super hard. The Following day we had our district meeting and interviews with President Smith!  It was also Hermana Smith’s birthday, so the zone put together something special to wish her happy birthday! It was a wonderful surprise and to top it all off, her son and his family came to visit us as well.  

Their son ended up giving us a lesson on how we as missionaries are the superheroes with name tags. We need to teach people about the importance of the gospel and find people through the members and recent converts to teach and baptize. As we’ve put this into practice we have found much more success in the work and more people coming to church because the members are the ones bringing them.

On Thursday we cooked for the Bishop’s family.  We tried to make taco lasagna, but there were many failures in planning and preparation. So, we made tacos instead. With the spices that my mom sent me I was able to make a concoction of seasonings and some tomato juice to make a super tasty taco meat.  I can’t tell you what I did, sorry.

On Friday, we had our baptism! It was supposed to start at 8 pm but it didn’t start until 8:30 because the person bringing Tony, the kid being baptized, didn’t show up until 8:15 or 8:20.  It was a very quick service because we have to be in our house by 9:30 as missionaries.  It wouldn’t have been possible if the Bishop had not brought us home.

Today we had a zone activity filled with sports fun. Elder Chu came, of course, and we played frisbee and volleyball, and many more fun sports games.  It was actually really fun.

This coming week will be another adventure so I’ll be sure to keep you guys updated next Monday about what happens! Thanks for tuning in for the Weekly Elder Wheeler Report and I will see you guys next week! PEACE!!!!!

Going forth with the vision of Christ and an eye of faith,
Elder Rhys Wheeler!!!!

P.S. Mommy! Round up those typos and tak'em to the rodeo!!! I don’t want them in my letter no more! Thanks! LOVE YOU!!!!!


P.P.S My comp says I should work more on improving my manners, so, Pretty PLEASE!!!!!!!! Thanks, Ma!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1