Letter From Rhys - Week # 48 – The big 11!!!


Feliz Lunes from the tropical land of the Republica Dominicana!

Today marks the day of month number 11 that I have officially been a missionary and in the Dominican Republic! Wow time flies doesn’t it?! It’s almost all down here from here people! This past year has been full of awesome fun and adventure and it’s time for me to start working even harder to bring more souls unto Christ.

I only get 2 years to wear this black nametag and I’m almost halfway done! And there so much I still need to do!!!!! People who need to hear the Gospel! Lessons I still need to Learn! And most important, fun I still need to have!!!

Speaking of fun, today we went to the caves again close to our area! Its transfers so we can’t leave our zone though there’s no change with Elder Rodriguez and I for the next 6 weeks.  

Anyway, this week was a little tougher in the mission department; we had many appointments fall and lots of opposition. Though I was able to work out a few kinks that I had with my comp this past week as well, the majority were my fault but I’m in the process of improvement! I just hope that I can take care of all that I need to do.

Within the adventure of the caves this morning I crawled through some fairly small spaces! it was super fun!!!!!! I Have definitely been losing a lot of weight or at least just transferring my weight elsewhere on my body!!! WOHOOO! I love being skinny again! I still have a little bit of flubber but that’s not important!

I’m still a District Leader for one more transfer and what makes things easy now is that my call in report can be done without even having to make more than one call. Because one of the areas that’s in my district lives in my house!!!!! And the other is the Zone leaders! That makes my job super easy!

Being a District Leader comes with its stresses for sure, I’m working on making sure that I can set the example for the rest of the missionaries under my care. That is what a leader is supposed to do after all. Be the example!

Well, really that’s all I have to say for today’s letter home! I hope you all are well and life’s going peachy!!

Here’s a riddle for you all to figure out to send you off. You have a Mango tree in the middle of a lake. You really, really want a mango from this tree, but you can’t swim or take a boat to this tree.  Also, there is a monkey on the top of this tree! How do you get your mango? I’ll release the answer in my next letter home!

Until next time!!!

Going forth with the Vision of Christ and an eye of Faith,
Elder Rhys Wheeler

P.S. Mom after the daydreams fall away, please, typos Thanks!!!!!


Pictures from caving trip #2


We made it!

Rhys climbed through tiny passages like this.

King of the mountain!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Rhys - Week #2 - Nothing's Better Than Workouts and Shopping

Letter From Kelson - Week # 55 - Happy MOMMA's DAY!!!!

Letter From Rhys - Week # 46 – Bautismo!!!!!!!!!