Letter from Kelson - Week # 88 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! again...(not Hmong this time)

Good Morning From Sunny California!!!

It is 2014!!! Who is excited??!!! I know that I am! this means that I survived 2013 and will continue to make it through for another year. There are quite a few people who didn't survive 2013 though, I want to take a moment of silence for my late companions and friends, Elders: Nethercott, Cheney, Baryshnikov, Lawrence, Allred.... In loving memory, please rest in peace. I wish I could have spoken at your funeral this year, however, it never came time for me to speak. You all left so suddenly and then I was left with a blank stare on my face. I guess I will see you on the other side, one of these days. It is time to stop mourning and to look towards the future, I never know when my time will come so I must live it up!!! Work every day like it is my last, so that's what is going to happen. It is now 2014 and with that comes New Year's resolutions...anyone make any? Are they cool, lame, exciting, hard, outlandish, obtainable, just utterly ridiculous, set for you by your friends, dealing with spiritually things, open for change when you are tired of them, incomplete and probably will remain that way? If you answered yes to any of these, I feel so sorry for you...you have a hard year ahead of you, I guess you'll be working this whole year too. Well, I'll tell you what, 2015 will be easier for you... I prophesy, and if it doesn't come true, well don't come back and see me, I sometimes just say things to make people feel hopeful! ;)

Since I last wrote to you, my loving fans, and those who just feel bored on Tuesdays that you feel you must remove yourself from Facebook to read my e-mail because it is more entertaining than Farmville. I will tell you of my adventures in the previous week. We had been working really hard this past week to see a baptism...and Guess what!!!! it didn't quite happen, which is kind of sad, but not really because the whole mission baptized 651 people in the year of 2013, which means that the church is true and 651 more people know it is true, which is why they were baptized. You see there is Joy to be had all around this wonderful season. 

I haven't told you much about my situation here in Sacramento, or my new companion so I feel that I must inform you a wee bit on how things are from the bird's eye view. My companion, Elder Hinckley, is pretty awesome!! he is Bold, he is outgoing, he is a bit girl happy (has a girlfriend and they are totally head over heels for each other, sometimes it is too much) he is a strong leader, has a great desire to do what is right, always looks for the good in every situation and willing to work with his companion's weaknesses and strengths.  He also is very similar to me, which is why I think the mission president has paired us together. He has a lot of the same qualities and thought processes and as we work together, more and more things come out that show our similarities. I feel that I have sufficient trust in the Lord, that He knows who I am, and what I need to see success as well as how I can contribute to someone else's success. It works the same way for everyone, I have just seen many instances where the people whom I associate with are there to teach me something that I am in desperate need of at the moment. I live with 2 other missionaries, they are pretty cool. There are 4 of us in the apartment, and I feel that it is necessary for this, because we are able to help that companionship out a wee bit better than others because we live with them, plus it makes time after planning a bit more entertaining as well as p-day... NUMBERS AND INFORMATION!!!!... Sorry you'll need to ask Elder Allred about that one, I mean Spencer. 

Like all of my letters I like to tell a small story, however, there isn't a truly wonderful story to tell other than I am getting fat and I need to make a New Year's resolution to become less fat. If you feel so inclined and want me to be able to overcome the sugar coma that I have fallen into because of the enormous amounts of sweet things given during the holidays, please send things like dried mangoes, or pineapples, some good health food, or maybe some stuff for a healthy metabolism. Those things would help out greatly, and I know that my companion and those we live with will be appreciative too, because when you have a healthy system there tends to be less smell that follows you around during the day. XD I loved my Christmas and New years, but that doesn't mean I can't love tomorrow too!!! Have a wonderful New Year and good luck with those new goals and plans for the year, I support you 100% Just don't give up, you can do it!!!!

Love ya,
Elder Wheeler

P.s. Mother I love you, which is why I send you this message first, please correct those small mistakes that keep my credibility down, and help these lovely people to know that I am not a joke, I just tell them! Love ya...TYPOS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1