Letter From Kelson - Week # 84 - Happy New Year!!!! Hmong that is! XD

Good Morning From Sunny California!!!!
 
It has been approximately 3 days 20 hours 40 min and 15 sec, since I last e-mailed you...Just kidding, I didn't do any math.. Psh! That would be too much work. I guessed; I think someone should actually add it up and tell me what it really was, because it doesn't seem long enough for me to be back here on the old typewriter trying to figure out what my next move is, while juggling a bowling ball, some playing cards and the police who are looking for a convict dressed as an LDS missionary. If you haven't noticed my plea for some relief here is something a little bit more subtle...
 
HELP ME!!!!!!
 
Just kidding, I am doing just wonderful, I am enjoying this work, there are good things going for us, our 40 day fast is working, plus this whole fasting thing is helping me trim off those few pounds I gained via "National Fat Kid Day" on Thursday. For those who were not aware, which is like everyone, we have been doing a 40 day fast so that every day for 40 days, there is a member of the ward who is fasting for Missionary Work. This has been a huge success, the way we have determined who is fasting is, the members of the ward sign up to feed us, and then we make them fast that day until we eat with them for dinner. Although, some days we don't have dinners, then Elder Allred and I have to bite the bullet and fast that day until we break our fast at dinner time. It is pretty rough during some weeks, however, the Lord does provide ways of making things work out for the better, like my new ability to fit in my pants that I have had my whole mission....oh wait, I have never gotten big enough to not wear them... OH SNAP!!! Elder Wheeler knows how to do some weight control... HA! BOOM BABY!!!!
 
The past four days have been almost a blur, but there is something that I am realizing as I am going through each day of this missionary service; I am ALWAYS tired. It is kind of sad, I wake up at 6:30 and I am still beat from the day before, and on top of that we are supposed to exercise for 30 min right when we get up...Don't they know that I am about to collapse due to my inability to comprehend how tired I am? This is insane, but somehow I am still able to wake up every morning and complete this routine, somehow I am still able to function each day, somehow I am still able to be wide awake when I need to be. What is going on here?!?!? Any ideas on why I am able to do this? And then on top of that, I am having the most fun and exciting time of my life....Ok, Hold the Phone!!! What!?!?!?!?! Please tell me WHY!!!! There is no rhyme or reason for it, it makes no sense, when you're tired, you are cranky, and when you are cranky then no one has a good time. Why!?
 
*Now I expect every single one of you to just say all together in unison as you read this all at the same time because that is how it is done in the movies, "It is the Power of God, Silly!!!  Now get back to work!"
 
Oh!!! It is the Spirit of God helping me out, eh!? Well that makes more sense.
 
This past week was pretty fantastic, by the way, if you couldn't tell from the title there was a New Years celebration that I was able to attend. It was called Hmong New Year! The reason I was able to do that is because my companion is a Hmong speaker. YAY!!! Hmong!!! Anyway, I have little time and I must go, but I want you to know that I love you and that I am still kicking it with the cool guys! I love this work, I am glad to be a part of it, and I wish all of you a HAPPY HMONG NEW YEAR!!!
 
Love ya,
Elder Wheeler
 
P.s. Mom!!! Typos Please!!! Love ya too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1