Letter From Kelson - Week # 64 - I have been doing this a Long TIME!!

Good Morning From Sunny California!!!

I bet you are wondering if I am acting a little Trunky.  Well stop thinking that because I am not. I just realized that today is the 13th Anniversary of "My BAPTISM" into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is significant because I have been privileged to help others to take the step that I took when I was 8 years old. I have been trying to help people a long time and I now have the ability to see that I can keep going. It is just crazy that 13 years ago today, that my cousin Kurt went down into the water and he baptized me into the Church of Jesus Christ. He said those special words, or prayer, that accompany the Ordinance and then he immersed me in water for the remission of my sins. 

That day was the day that I decided that I was going to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. That was the day that I promised my Heavenly Father that I would obey, even though I may stray, I must obey. That was the day that I knew that I was a divine Child of God and that all of the people in this world are my brothers and sisters. All of these things have come back to my remembrance as I have grown, as I have struggled in life, as I have disobeyed, and as I have learned the greatest wisdom ever known to man, and that is that no matter what your circumstance and no matter how disobedient you have been, there is forgiveness and hope through the Infinite power and reach of the Great Mediator and Savior, Jesus Christ. 

I have seen the power of forgiveness in my life and countless others. I have shown people the happiness and joy that come from knowing that there is an all knowing omnipotent being whose sole purpose is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. I have been blessed to share this message with people who feel that there isn't anyone who knows what they are going through, or that there isn't anyone who loves them. And the Response that I give them is this, There is someone who loves you! There is someone who cares! There is a way to have happiness in this life and in the next. There is healing from guilt that bogs you down and causes feelings of shame and uncertainty.  All you need to do is ask for his help, be willing to change from the carnal ways of the world and become a follower of Christ.  

Now you may say that I am boasting of myself, or that I need to be humbled because I am just going on preaching a sermon, but I hope that you understand that I am not boasting in myself, but I am boasting in my God, for through him have many miracles come to pass. I am rejoicing in his love and trying to share it with those whom I hold dear. I can not change the world, but I can provide the opportunity for it to change itself through Jesus Christ. I have felt the peace and Joy that come from his Redeeming Love and I long to share it with my readers. Thanks for sharing 21 years of growth, and 13 years of discipleship with me. I hope to be able to continue to magnify my God through my actions everyday. Give yourselves a pat on the back, because I can't do it right now. I love you all and hope that you enjoyed this letter and if you didn't I will be back to telling stories next week. I promise! XD

God be with you until we read again!,
Elder Wheeler

P.s. Mother, I love you and because I love you I ask that you correct my typos. Thanks a bunch ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1