Letter From Rhys - Week #29 - Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!


Good morning from Sunny Californ... oh ... wait ... wrong one sorry!

Feliz Lunes from the tropical land of the Republica Dominicana!

This past week has been pretty peaceful on the part of teaching. We are doing a lot of contacting because our citas (appointments) fall or we can’t seem to find an Hermano (sister) to accompany us.

However, a peak moment in this week’s adventures happened to come in a box, then the box was put into another box, and then mailed to myself! Well if any are wondering, no I did not smash it with a hammer. I will address this reference later. Anyway, in this box were some nice goodies! A nice Family size bag of Genocide that I shouldn’t love but tastes soo good {Reese´s Pieces}, along with a nice little Kinder egg, a bag of trail mix, and another bag of mini candy bars!

Included with the development of much sugary tastey things, there was a smaller box with in the box! And in this box, were the 24 wonderful spices of life! Some may include but not limited to, oregano, parsley, sage, rosemary, garlic salt, powder and minced, and many more! In this wonderful little box contained our happiness for the last couple of days!

Oh and I also got Creole seasoning and Parmesan cheese! And Elder Chu received a magnificent throne on which he can rest and demonstrate his awesome power of cuteness that no one can resist!

Elder Chu's Throne (& Rhys' Desk)


Elder Chu was also privileged to leave the apartment for a couple appointments on Saturday. Here’s a little sneak peek.





These families were happy to receive his awesome cuteness power!

I should probably also mention that the spices we had received have been used every single day in our cooking adventures. If you'd like to see some of the things we’ve made, talk with my mother and she can get those photos from my drive for you! Sorry I don’t have time or space to make captions and none of what we make really has a name. Usually it’s just a type of meat with rice or pasta seasoned to taste.

[Mom’s Note:  Here’s one of the pictures of something he made.  I think he’s happy to have the Parmesan Cheese I sent.]

One of Rhys' concoctions made with his awesome spices and doused in Parmesan Cheese

In accordance to the subject title I should also mention that we have been talking much about a chemical X which in reality is two things... The chemical for the PowerPuff girl recipe and the poison for Kuzco. The poison chosen especially to kill Kuzco, Kuzco’s poison.

This has been the favorite quote of the week of my companion, Elder Aguilar, who happens to love The Emperor’s New Groove just like I do! We also found an awesome ice cream shop where we can buy really good ice cream in bulk for super cheap! This week we bought 2 gallons of Orange Dreamsicle ice cream!

Well, that’s all for this week folks! I hope you have enjoyed this week’s bit of cartoon humor with my weekly report! Have a great week and I’ll see you next week!

Going forth with the vision of Christ and an eye of faith,

Elder Rhys Wheeler

P.S. About the phone, we think we lost it on the bus, and we were able to get a new one with the same number. Also, next week is the last week of the transfer and so be prepared to hear where I’ll be going next time!

P.P.S. Mom! Thanks for the box and the amazing speaker! Also, typos! Thanks!

P.P.P.S. My companion made something for you all to see and the reveal will be made soon!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Rhys - Week #2 - Nothing's Better Than Workouts and Shopping

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Rhys - Week # 46 – Bautismo!!!!!!!!!