Update From Rhys - Week #3 - Hurricanes are Awesome!

[Mom's note:  As many of you know, Hurricane Irma, a Category 5 storm is expected to hit the Dominican Republic tomorrow, September 7, 2017, Rhys' normal day to write home.  I received this note today.  The eye of the storm is expected to be just north of the island, putting most of the severe winds on a direct path.  Rhys is actually in Santo Domingo on the south side of the island, so his effects will be less severe, but still quite impressive.]

Hey! 

This is just a quick email to tell you that we are safe and sound. Were on high ground so there's no risk of flooding from the storms that have passed by. I've been told we're expecting a tropical storm tomorrow or Friday with 40-70 mph winds. If anything does happen the building is built with a power generator and we have enough food and water stored up to last 3 to 4 days.

All is well, I'll try to email tomorrow but with the storm coming in we may lose internet. Also, the mailing address that we have is the mission home's address, so I probably will not be able to get any mail sent to me until I leave the CCM because I've been told they do not forward the mail. 

I have to get off but I hope all is well in the States and I also hope that I can email you again tomorrow.

Much Love,


Elder Rhys Wheeler.

Comments

  1. As of now, the Eye is Northwest of Santo Domingo, with most of the rain behind the eye, per radar from Wundermap. My guess is Irma is moving ENE. The 1600 foot mountain to your North I expect to diminish winds swirling off the eye, as they will be coming from the North, respective to you, Rhys. Love, Uncle Sidney.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter From Rhys - Week #2 - Nothing's Better Than Workouts and Shopping