Letter from Kelson - Week # 72 - Time is Money, and I'm Broke!!!

Good Morning From Sunny California!!!
I must apologize in advance for the length of this letter, it seems that their ain't no rest for the wicked...and that means no rest for those trying to help the wicked either. Anyway, I am pretty wicked myself, so no self indulged pride there, just making a statement on how little time I have to write this P-Day. We have been going Mach 5 with our hair on fire since 630 this morning, last week...I think that works. It has been crazy, the weeks are blending together, my companion and I are always trying to help out the missionaries in our Zone, and we are striving to be the best Leaders possible, while helping them to aspire to be better missionaries themselves. We also are trying to see success in our own area. There is quite a lot on my plate, and I am wondering what thanksgiving is going to look like...With this much food and I am only in September.
I have some super news! Arturo, the super awesome guy from Stockton that got baptized, well he will be baptizing his family this weekend. He has been a superstar investigator, and Elder Badger has been doing an excellent job being the superstar missionary he was sent to be. I will get to go back on Friday for the baptisms and participate in that joyous occasion. I am soooooooooo STOKED!!!!
We are doing really well here in this area, I know last week I talked about Batman and Robin; well this week will have to just have a slight story of happiness and success. We had a hand off lesson with one of the missionary companionships in my zone, they were teaching someone who was YSA age so they needed to allow us to teach them, that way they would go to church with the people their own age. Anyway, we had this hand off lesson, and this kid is right on the path to becoming a member of this most inspired and sacred Church. He loves the gospel and he just wants to be a part of it. He has some challenges, just like everyone, but his are more around the kind that he just doesn't have a car, which might make it a little hard to make it to church and activities without the aid of the members...Lucky for him, the YSA program here is awesome and the members are Stellar athletes! I love doing this work here in the YSA branch. We have activities all the time, giving many members the opportunity to make friends, as well as bringing non-member friends for us to meet and then teach. I love just working and teaching, it is almost as if this is what I have been working super hard my whole mission for. To be in an area where there is a lot going on. I love it and have fun, there is never a dull moment and I think I like it this way. I still miss the family ward aspect, but I can go visit those when I am not a missionary anymore.  I'll stick with helping kids my own age make covenants with the Lord that will change their lives forever. Well, I need to go, Time is money, and I am broke...hum, that sounds like a good title for this e-mail...hold on a sec while I change it...
Thanks for your patience. love you lots!!!
Elder Wheeler
P.s. MOM!!!! I love you!!!! hope Google Writer can catch TYPOS too!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1