Letter from Kelson - Week #51 - Look beyond what you see!

Good Morning From Sunny California!!!!

It is yet another day in the life of Elder Wheeler! In this episode we find our hero struggling to fill some rather large shoes, but it seems someone else sees greatness within him! Our hero has now had to take on the responsibility of being a District Leader, which means that he is now responsible for 7 other missionaries, besides himself. He is about to explode from the overload! He has had a hard time making sure he is taking care of himself, now he has to go on exchanges and teach with other people, help them become better, while becoming better from their help too, show them an increase of love and encouragement while they are down in the dumps, and pick up his companion as he is holding onto all the other stuff that Elder Wheeler can't handle. Plus on top of that he has to keep his area looking like a model area for the other people to look at...I think I may explode from the overwhelming crazy life! I feel like my mother, going Mach 3 with my hair on fire. 

This week was pretty good though, I was able to see many things become known to the children of men. I had a leadership training meeting on Friday; I went and they were teaching BEAR CLAW....I was kind of confused, I thought I was supposed to learn something, but I did. I learned that there are some people in a past area that are ready to be baptized, and I got to see someone from my first area because they were my ride home. I then also heard from some members from another area as well, that there is already a contact baptism from one of the people that I have been blessed to be associated with. This news would have been even better had the Second Coming come and I could have just been resurrected, but seeing as how that didn't happen I guess I will keep going. This kind of stuff is what I live for. 

Through all of this, the underlying truth is that there are opportunities for all sorts of great things when you are called to do something for the Lord. He qualifies those he calls, and then he provides for them. I need to look beyond what is in the now, and look to the future. I can see that as we head towards the Lord we will always see happiness. Which brings me to some big news: There is a lady in my area that we have been teaching and it just has seemed like she hasn't been going anywhere, so what we did was invite her to a tour of the Church. As we were touring the church we ended in the chapel and it came out that she has been worrying  about the fact that she doesn't feel like she can remain perfect after she is baptized and she was afraid that we would kick her out if she had a cup of coffee after her baptism...When I heard this I was so relieved, because this means that she can progress and I may get to see her baptized! She actually opened up enough for her to feel comfortable to receive a blessing of comfort and strength to overcome her coffee needs. I really think she will be baptized, because she was excited about our next appointment and she can't wait to learn more! We also have a lady who is still getting baptized on the 27th of April and we will be working with her this week to make sure she is ready and then she will be baptized!!! Wonderful things are happening in the great land of Sacramento and I am so happy that I have been able to be a part of it.

That's about it for now, I am going to go back to playing Just Dance and Dance Dance Revolution!!! Enjoy this long blank while I transfer you back to my mother!!!








Love ya,
Elder Wheeler

P.s. Mom I am sending them to you, please answer their questions and complete my typos for me! Love ya!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1