Letter From Rhys - Week # 43 – The good things of Life


Feliz Lunes from the tropical land of the Republica Dominicana!

This past week, as you all know, was the first week of a new transfer! My new companion is sick [really cool] and he’s always using the word "dope."  All the time!  His name is Elder Rodriguez and he’s from Texas though many people think he’s Latino!

It doesn’t help though that he does look Latino and his name is of Spanish origin. He has one transfer less than me but he is just under an year older than me.  He’s super cool and is helping me a lot to remember some of the basic things that I may have forgotten in the terms of teaching and the importance of staying focused on the work.

We are actually a really good team and every day I get more pointers on how to be a better District Leader from all that are under my leadership.  This past week, I had my first experiences giving the baptismal interview before an investigator is baptized.  It’s a new perspective, definitely, being on the side of the one giving the interview. For a while I was the companion of a District Leader , but I never knew how giving the interview felt. There's actually not much pressure in giving the interview since its more of another teaching opportunity to help them learn more about Jesus Christ.

We are also experiencing many miracles in our area as well! Also, for the first time in my mission, I have a decorated agenda. but then the worst thing happened!!!!! I Lost it on Day 2!!!!!!!! I was super upset because it was super sweet! So until now I was stuck using a plain water damaged agenda that I initially planned to use before it got wet.

However, don’t be depressed my beloved viewers! Today, we went to Agora Mall and I bought all the supplies necessary to make a new one; which I did in fact do!!!!! Now I’m more happy than I was but I’m still bitter about it sometimes...

Oh Also on a brighter note! I could actually wash the majority of my clothes today!!!!! Until the power came back, my clothes stayed dirty and I had to live with not being able to wash them. 1. Because it was transfers and the people leaving the area had priority. 2. I never have had time. 3. I hadn’t quite reached the desperation level yet!

But know I’m enjoying the good things in life and all is well for the most part! I might also add that this weekend we’re on track for two baptisms! And something even better is that they’re both named Emely!!!!!!

Well that is all for this weeks’ letter folks, I do hope you’ve enjoyed this fun little kids rollercoaster. Have a great week!

Going forth with the vision of Christ and an eye of Faith,
Elder Rhys Wheeler

P.S. Mom, Have fun with the typo hunt! I love you! and THANK YOU!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1