Letter From Rhys - Week # 42 – Transfers!


Feliz Lunes from the wonderful tropical paradise of isle Dalphino*oops* I mean the Republica Dominicana!

This week flew by faster than usual. So, many of you don’t know, but this past week was the last week of the transfer.  Usually the last week of the transfer is super long because all are anticipating the sudden change in scenery or companions!

But, not for us! Elder Rich and I had really no concern nor worry that we were going to leave this area after 6 weeks together. We honestly thought we’d be together for another transfer!  But This is what changed! Elder Rich for his 4th transfer in a row is leaving to go to my old Zone! OZAMA!!!

In Maqueteria, I might add. And I am staying here receiving another from La Romana named Elder Rodrigez from Texas, with me being a District Leader! WOOOOOOOW! After receiving my call from president, the weekend went by so freaking slow!!! I don’t know why at all!!

This week not much happened! It all just kind of blurred together. But hey!!!! I’m a District leader!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO! Oh, also Elder Esserine is leaving to be a branch president in Los Llanos in San pedro! He’s going deep into the island and away from civilization as we know it!

I’m going to miss the guy so much! We’ve had so much fun and now he’s going there to die!!!! He still has 12 months left in the mission. There’s a slight chance he'll be there a while! He’s slightly freaking out because he doesn’t feel adequate for the job! However, what many don’t know is that he’s been running the Relief Society in his district for the last 2 or 3 transfers.

Well, I really don’t have any more fun or exciting things to talk about so this one’s going to be short. So my friends, I hope all is well and that all are enjoying their nice summer break! Oh, and it’s getting Hot down here! Bye!

Going forth with the vision of Christ and an eye if Faith,

Elder Rhys Wheeler,

P.S. Mom it’s a small one this time so it shouldn’t be too hard for you! Typos! Please! Love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1