Letter From Rhys - Week # 39 – Mother’s Day Celebrations!


Feliz lunes y dia de madres [Happy Monday and Mother’s Day] to all those moms out there supporting their sons and daughters throughout the world!

This is Elder Wheeler, reporting from the tropical land of the Republica Dominicana!

This past week has been full of fun and adventure! We had our interviews with President Smith on Tuesday, and the Zone Leaders announced that the district meetings will know be changing from Thursday to Tuesday! This was done so that way we can apply more throughout the week what we are learning in the District meetings. There’s much flow of inspiration in these meetings so immediate and constant application is necessary.

We also had much success (though I was super stressed) with preparing one of our investigators, Eliel, for his baptism this past weekend!  We did it and I think I lost a little bit of hair but it was all unnecessary. The stress that is.

Why you may ask? Because, we had to push it back a week anyway due to the fact that his grandma left for the campo on Friday and didn’t get back until Sunday! We also did not have her signature to perform the baptism this weekend so we had to postpone it to this weekend! We will be having his baptism on Friday! Its super cool, too, because I’ve never seen a person have this much desire to be baptized like Eliel has in my entire mission.

I was also Blessed to be able to video chat with my family for Mother’s Day! It was super awesome to be able to see my new nephew, Luka, and the other wonderfully adorable children of my siblings! They all just have to be so cute! It was almost overload!

But today to celebrate the Dia de Madres we went to the Outback for lunch. We bought tickets and flew and everything! Just so I could enjoy a nice juicy 12 oz chargrilled ribeye Steak! Here... Take a look


 😎 and might I say it was amazingly delicious. I just won’t be eating for the next week now because that steak cost me 1850 pesos! Really it was 1300 but the DR has a stupidly high tax and you have to pay a 28 percent tax!!! AY MI FREAKING BONDAD! Elder Chu also accompanied us for this momentous occasion and I think he had bit of a drinking problem






Well that’s really all I’ve got for you guys for now but I hope you enjoyed the pictures! Have a great day!

Going forth with the vision of Christ and an eye of Faith,
Elder Rhys Wheeler!

P.S. Mom, I know it was Mother’s Day yesterday and all but try not to slack on the letters! The People NEED to KNOW!!!!!! Love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1