Letter from Rhys - Week # 13 - El Libro de Mormon. otro Testimento de Jesucristo!

Feliz Lunes, from the tropical land of the Republica Dominican where the sun is always shining and the Air smells like... well... not like warm root beer...😐😁.

Anyway, this past week absolutely nothing happened!  Except for the undeniable fact that every single morning our mission we make us a big ol’ bowl of missionary meetings for breakfast!  We had transfers on Tuesday, meeting for district leaders on Wednesday(my companion is a district leader), District meeting on Thursday, Cosecha (harvest) on Friday, and a broadcast from Elder Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve, who was in Santiago on Saturday and church on Sunday!!!!!

In short, we had very little time to proselyte this week!  YAAAAAAAAAY... NOT.  But on the bright side a couple of things happened.  With the little time that we had between weekly planning Thursday afternoon and ward council Thursday night, we were able to teach an awesome young man named Louis!
He’s pretty cool and has a sound understanding of what we teach him.  He’s also a young man so when he’s baptized, we will have an Aaronic Priesthood holder in our ward!!!!  By the way... there are absolutely none in our area...  Also on another bright side, after 3weeks of waiting patiently, we finally obtained Book ofMormons!!!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!  It’s about dang time!

We took home 50 from the mission office this past Saturday and in the last two days we’ve given more than half away to people!  One of my friends from the CCM, Elder Lee (shout out to Elder Hill (not a typo)) called me the epitome of The Best Two Years!  I’m like a little child on Christmas when we get more Book of Mormons!

Mostly because this book is like the Coolest book ever and it happens to tell you within its stories how you can save your soul!  Talk about killing two birds with one stone, just to resurrect them later... LOL!

We also happen to have another problem in our area, however...  We have all these people to teach... but not time to teach them all!!!!!  I Wonder how Christ did it so well!  That guy taught thousands all at once you know!?  But in all this struggle and strife I know that the Lord is supporting my work and consecrating our efforts to teach the gospel.

Also, I know that in order for our success to last, we must focus on the needs of only a couple at a time.  I just hope I make the right prioritizations...😏.  

Anyway, today I had a fun time with my companion and I learned something new about him.  He doesn’t like wasting time!  Anyway, today we went to MegaCentro again and we met up with my friend Elder Horsley and his companion.  But we had to wait for them for a little while and so we looked around the mall.  He didn’t like that very much because we had no money to actually buy anything and so he thought it was a waste of our time.

On the other hand, I cheered him up with some subway!  I should probably also mention Elder Chu came with us and we took a couple pictures.  Speaking of which, there are some that may seem like what the heck kind of pictures but those?  They are just loads of shenanigans that I sadly don’t have time to explain.  Also, Elder Chu went to The España with us this afternoon.  It was really cool too because we had high tides!  Took lots of pictures, so I’ll try to get them to you all!

Well Folks... I’m out of time and must take my leave!

I love you all and i know that the Lord is blessing every single person I know because of my service!

Going forth with the Vision of Christ and an Eye of Faith (and truth, awe Zelda puns),

Elder Rhys Wheler!

P.S. Mom. Typos. Like always please. Thanks!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter From Rhys - Week #2 - Nothing's Better Than Workouts and Shopping