Letter From Kelson - Week #96 - Families are Forever, and Friends last that Long too!!!

Good Morning From Sunny California!!!!

Have I told you how wonderful my mission is??? I think it is really great! I love every minute, of every hour, of every day, of every week, of every month, of every transfer, of every quarter, of every bi-annual, of every tri-quarter annual, of every annual, of every 2 annual moment!!!! I just LOVE IT SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Hola - Sister Dalley

My keyboard has been jacked and hacked and I now have an interruption in my thought process and e-mail... This is where a face and palm become best friends and meet each other often as life continues on in motion.

I wanted to tell you of the most amazing experiences I have been having this past week as I have seen some of the fruits of my hard labors, and the Lord has shown me the tender mercies of His hand. This past week I had the opportunity to have 2 families from past areas come and visit for an hour or so and share a meal with me. One of them was a family from my second area; they are totally awesome! This same family has been very actively writing me and also meeting me in my areas for a meal and some quality time...mainly around my birthday and now. As I was able to share this meal and talk with them about how life is going and the things that are happening in their lives and how they have been affected by the Gospel, I began to think about how lucky I was to be called to serve here in the California Sacramento mission and what a great family to be friends with. They make me feel welcome, they have funny sayings and funny jokes, as well as their constant ability to make me smile. I am grateful that they are in my life now, and that the Lord has helped me to become a part of their family. This was on Monday afternoon that I saw them.  Then on Saturday another family, different from the one before, came up from Stockton to visit with my companion and myself and Elder Badger and his companion. It was fun.  I don't know if you remember Arturo G. from my letters about Stockton, but it was him. Now this guy is my Stockton Miracle!!! As I think back on my time in Stockton, it was really hard.  I was training, there was a new area and new people, the work wasn't progressing because we were having a hard time finding people who were solid enough to come to church. We also were dealing with some member drama that had directly affected us as missionaries and so in the midst of all this commotion I was a little bit overwhelmed and had sometimes when I would wonder if I was doing the work in the most effective and proper way. There was a lot of self-reflection, it was hard. But then we found Arturo, he was a golden nugget. He had been prepared for a long time and his life had just so happened to align with ours as to make it so that we can become acquainted and now eternal friends! Well, this miracle of Stockton brought his whole family, whom I have not seen for nearing 8 months, up to Sacramento to visit with us and share this most amazing meal. When I saw them outside the church building when we arrived I found such joy and happiness rush through my body that I couldn't help but want to spend all day with them and catch up! I can't do that because I am a missionary still, but the thought and feeling did sweep through my system.  I love this family like they are my own family in Ohio.  I just love these people and once again as I look at them and the joy the Gospel has brought to their lives I found myself just crying on the inside for the happiness that God has brought to my life because He has called me to be a missionary in the Sacramento mission. I love this work, I don't think I would ever be able to know any of these people if I had not decided to forget myself and turn to the Lord for his help in the work of salvation. Every day I think about the blessings of the gospel and how I want to keep sharing it. 

I desire for all of my readers to try and share the gospel in any way this week. Whether it is through your words or a card that you give away. Bring more people to the Son of God to be changed by his love and know of his desire to forgive. I love you and hope that this week will be the most amazing week you have and that your weeks will continue to get better.

Love ya,
Elder Wheeler

p.s. Mom!!! TYPOS!!! Thanks I think I should start paying you, but you don't get any back pay. Love ya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter From Kelson - Week # 55 - Happy MOMMA's DAY!!!!