Letter From Kelson - Week # 46 - Listen to the Spirit!!!

Good Morning From Sunny California!!!!!!

It is a beautiful 67 degrees here in Elk Grove, there is a slight breeze, with a chance of wonderful sunshine and another chance of a very Sad Elder....  I heard some disturbing news today and I wish that all of you would take sympathy on me and cry along with me...Please do this for I need the support in my time of need....

OHIO GOT 7 INCHES OF SNOW!!!! AND I MISSED IT!!! 

Why did you do this to me Ohio?!?! I was there for a whole winter before I left and we got almost no snow, it was like a heavy frost. and then the next winter after I leave it just gets dumped on. I feel like just punching the Weather man because he needs to make his predictions and forecasts come to life, or maybe the Government has a machine that creates weather all on its own and they regulate the people in the nation through this huge machine and they just so happened to tap my phone and they can't give me what I wanted so they said no snow for you... DARN YOU SNOW NAZI!!!! 

I have vented out my frustrations with the Weather patterns, now on to matters that actually matter. We had a fantastic week, we taught many lessons, we invited many people to do things, and we now have someone who is super solid for baptism on the 30th of March. Her name is Lyn, and she is a lady I met about 3 months ago, who totally blew us off, saying she has already heard all she needs from us and that she is feeling great right where she is at...then 3 months later she asks her member friends what time and where church is and then she comes a few weeks later. We have had 2 actual lessons, sort of, and we have done service for her, and we have a lesson with her tomorrow. She is progressing like crazy, she has had some weird experiences these past few days and she is open and recognizes the Spirit and how it helps her. The reason my title of the e-mail is the way it is, is because we asked the member friend, who told her about church, what was happening with her and they called her that night to invite her to church and then she came, and then we didn't have a chance to talk to her, and so all night I was wrestling with the impression to go see her, and so I asked my companion what I should do. He said we should wait to decide what to do after dinner. Then after dinner he said, what the heck lets do this, so we went and lo and behold she talked to us for like an hour and she had been wanting us to stop by..... *Choir of Angels singing* "Hallelujah"....Cut the angels. Then we set up an appointment that she then kept, plus she called us the night after we stopped by to tell us how much she enjoyed our visit and how she is looking forward to our next appointment. Then we set up service for her and more appointments, and last night we invited her to be baptized!!!! She said she would pray about it and then she asked about the details needed for a baptism service....We almost peed our pants when she asked that question. Let me just say... Thank you Heavenly Father for the Spirit and all the guidance it brings. We are going into our lesson tomorrow with the intent to just teach her what she doesn't know and help her to keep up her good work. WAHOO!!! I love this Work. 

I have to say that this new missionary that I have been blessed with is pretty cool. Not only does he get most of my jokes and is almost a mini me he also is ready and willing to listen for promptings from the Holy Ghost. He is teachable, which is needed in this work. 

I know that through the power of the Holy Ghost and the guidance of God we can see miracles happen all over this world. We are only limited by our faith and the desire to good. We just have to have faith that the Lord knows what he is doing. Whether we are the ones to baptize them, or just planting the seed of faith so that they accept baptism later, we are all engaged in this great and marvelous latter-day work.  HOW GREAT IS OUR CALLING!!! I love everyone of you and I pray continually for your safety and support to continue. 

Oh, hey I have another thing I want to tell you about...So we have these two teenagers that we are trying to teach. They are super awesome and want to be baptized like right now...anyway we were talking to them, but we still had to get permission from their parents to teach them, so we were holding off on teaching them anything super big, or what not, anyway so every time we go over there, their dad wasn't home or he was sleeping. We kept trying and trying, and then we heard from the kids that the copies of the Book of Mormon we gave them, he went into their rooms, pulled them out, and ripped them in half...So we were like... OMGoodness that is one strong Dude. We have been playing "Dad Tag" all week, trying to just talk to this guy so that we can help him feel the Spirit and not be so anti-us. Finally we went over there yesterday and the kids told us he would be home today at noon. Now today is our P-day which means we are sacrificing for these kids...Which is totally fine by me, they are super legit and awesome, plus they play a mean game of basketball.  We went by today at noon, and before we went up to the door we just said a prayer in the car, we were with a member, asking that we could just have the Spirit to be with us so that when we meet him he will just give us a chance to let him feel the Joy that comes from the Spirit and have a soft spot within his heart to let us teach his kids and maybe go on to teaching him. But we just wanted him to be able to make a decision based upon the correct information and the feelings of the Spirit, If you are going to gamble the best person to bet on is the HOLY GHOST!!! No Doubt!!!  After we finished praying we went up and knocked, then rang the doorbell, and no one answered. We began to leave and guess who was walking up the driveway, but the father of the two teenagers we were wanting to teach.... *Choir of angels again* Hallelujah!! ...Cut the angels - again. He asked us who we were and we just said that we were missionaries who had met his kids and talked to them about church and wanted to know if we could continue to teach them. Now my first thought of what his reaction could have been was "I am about ready to destroy you and your church...I don't want you anywhere near my house you dumb kids in suits... " But that is not what happened. He said that we could not meet with them now, but that he would talk with his kids and he would allow us to come back and talk to him and them.  We left and now we feel amazing, we didn't try and bombard him with the Book of Mormon or anything we just had a pleasant exchange of words and then we parted ways. I JUST LOVE THE SPIRIT!!! No contention or anything, just pure 100% Love. Gosh I wish that I could just die and go to heaven, then I wouldn't have to worry about making things worse with my Pride...because I am the most humble person you know, and I make sure to brag about it at church...!!! :) The Church is True and I love being here in California!

Love ya,

Elder Wheeler

P.s. MOM!!!! This is the Spirit Prompting you....Pssst Fix Elder Wheeler's Typos... 
P.p.s. Heed the prompting Mother

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Rhys - Week #2 - Nothing's Better Than Workouts and Shopping

Letter From Rhys - Week # 46 – Bautismo!!!!!!!!!

Letter From Kelson - Week # 55 - Happy MOMMA's DAY!!!!