Letter from Kelson - Week #21 - Off and Away!!!

Good Morning From Sunny California!!!!

I know this is the e-mail that you have all been waiting for, and I know exactly what you want from me...but I am not going to give it to you...hehe This is because I want to surprise you in the end. 

Anywho, this past week was super fun!!! It was the last week of the transfer before we found out who was staying and who was going, and Elder Forsgren and I have been hitting a bit of a rocky ending. It seems that we really are as good friends as we may have thought we were. There were many times during this week that we just didn't talk to each other. This kind of reminds me of the stories that Stephanie shared from her mission about Sister Fortina. They taught well together, but there was just some bad feelings between them. 

Now don't start hating my companion because we don't agree, it just is our difference of personality and difference of thought processes. I am a very plan oriented person...to an extent and He is not so much. I like to pray when we plan, and he just does it. When we need help I have no problem calling the necessary people and taking the path of least resistance where as he doesn't want to call anybody and make everything rely on us as missionaries. So you see that we both have different "Ways of Missionary". I prefer mine and he prefers his and finally I just let him take over and we didn't have smooth flowing days...they were a bit rocky and sometimes I wasn't sure if we were going to have people even want to talk to us.  It even rubbed off into church and we had some disappointed members in our lack of planning.  Humph...I hate when people are disappointed in me, or in us....GRRrrr  

However, through all of this we still managed to have a really successful week. So successful, in fact, that when we received transfer calls this past Monday night, the Assistants to the President were asking us how we are taking this area that wasn't really producing fruit to being full of great succulent extraordinary apples...(if you don't like apples put in whatever fruit you like).  I still don't really know what we did to be given such great bounties from the Almighty, but alas, he has blessed us with a great abundance and helped us help others accept the call to receive salvation unto their souls. Actually, I may know what might have helped???!!! and that would be your prayers. Thank you Very Much to all who are praying for our success!!!

I have a super funny experience that I would like to share with you before I close the Letter and tell you the answer to the one million dollar question..."Am I getting Transferred, or am I staying?"

I know I have mentioned a couple of times about a nice lady named Felicia, well she is absolutely the Best Black Lady ever!!! She is so funny, and so willing to accept the Gospel, and she even considers me one of her boys...Hehe  Anyway the Zone Leaders had a Baptism this past week, and it was awesome. Our whole Zone (Missionaries that serve in the same general area) was there because we all had investigators come and watch this other gentleman receive Christ unto himself through Baptism.  And this baptism was even more special because the person being Dunked requested that our Mission President perform the Ordinance, so He and his wife were both there...ha..ha..h..a...(Oh Crap, Oh Crap, Oh Crap) Just Kidding!!! I was awesome; well onto my story. Felicia was there and she was raised Baptist, and we all know how Baptists praise the Lord... "Hallelujah!!! Praise Jesus!!!  Hallelujah!!! Oh Thank you Lord!!! Can I Clap yet?"  This was what she was saying the entire time...BWAHHHHH. For those who are unaware, in our church we praise our Lord and Saviour quietly, so this was a bit of a crazy day for all of us. While we were there I felt as if I should have stood up, started to sway and sing "John the Revelator...he wrote the book of the Seven Seas!!" Not to dis the Baptists (I  Baptists), it is just different from what I am used to and so I found it hilarious.  I love this woman, and her spirit. She has made this mission so memorable and it is only 20% over...I still have 80% left to go!!! WHOO WHOO!!! 

Okay, Okay I'll answer the two million dollar question...it has accumulated interest because of my long winded writing....
Elder Wheeler is....Drum Roll Please...Come on, do the drum roll for the effect....Please  Thank you...
Being Transferred to the Folsom Stake in El Dorado Hills California. I will be serving in the Lakeridge, Oakridge, and Silva Valley Wards with my Companion Elder Leavitt. We are being shotgunned in, meaning that we will both be new to the area and have to start from page one, and Elder Leavitt is entering his last transfer so he will be going home after dealing with me. Exciting huh?!?!?! 
Also, I will be in a Car because it is in the hills so bikes are not the most logical choice of transport.

I know you never would have guessed I was leaving my first area, but I am...and it is sad, but must be. I have been told that this area is awesome and so is Elder Leavitt. 
I love you all and thank you for all reading my long winded e-mails that cause bed sores because you have been sitting in your chair for ages reading them. It really warms my heart to know people are reading my banter.

Keep Praying,
Elder Wheeler

P.s. Mom Typos Please 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter From Rhys - Week #2 - Nothing's Better Than Workouts and Shopping