Letter From Rhys - Week # 26 - Many Gains and Stomach Pains!


Feliz Lunes from the tropical land of the Republica Dominicana!

This past week we have had so much fun! To start, we finished teaching the lessons  to our convert Juana! She was baptized this past Saturday!

On Wednesday, it was just another normal day of Proselyting. However, we had an unforeseen plot twist! We returned home from our apartment and something was just a little bit off.  I felt excessively warm. I decided to take my temperature and BAM! A nice cup of 100.4 fever! This was totally unexpected and I was laughing about it up until the point I went to bed 15 min later!

That night consisted of me getting up every hour or so to use the bathroom. At about 2:30 a.m. my fever broke, but with no sleep, I got up the next morning physically weak. But fear not! This Spirit is strong! Throughout the next couple of days, I was always feeling a little under the weather, and my body was producing enough gas that I could destroy the ozone layer faster than a farm of 100 or more cows!

Anyway, on Thursday, we went to our District Meeting with Elder Chu! All the new Elders and Sisters in our zone love him and think he’s the coolest thing in the world. As if his head couldn’t get any bigger!

On Saturday, we had the Baptism for hermana Juana and we had a nice size group of members to support her and welcome her into the ward!

Sunday... The day where this just get crazy! I made a lot of trips to the bathroom that morning because my gas had been causing the runs. (sorry for the gory details but it is necessary). At 6:30 a.m., I got up and looked at my companion and said, “Elder, I don’t feel very good.” He replies, “I know, you woke me up every time you went to the bathroom.”  About 10 min later, I had the nice feeling you get when someone stabs you in the lower gut with a rusty spoon! This wasn’t a very good moment!

I Then called the mom of all missionaries! Hermana Smith, Wife to the President! She then told me I had an infection in my bowels! How fun! She gave me a prescription for some antibiotics to use to help take care of the problem.  We then went to the pharmacy before church to buy the much-needed medication. They didn’t have exactly what she gave me but another medication that had the same function for the same problems. We called Hermana Smith and then bought the prescription.

The instructions were to take 2 a day for three days. I took one as soon as I could that morning and then one at night before I went to bed.  When I woke up the next morning, my pains were gone but my feet were really itchy. I had a huge rash on my feet! At first, I thought it was from mosquitos or something so I didn’t give it any thought. I then took my pill for the morning dosage of antibiotic… And yet another plot twist! The medicine works! but my body does not like it!

My hands very soon after became very swollen and I had a nice big rash all over my abdomen and upper legs!  To cut this long story short, I have stopped taking the medicine and will be taking a nice sucker-punch Benadryl tonight before I go to bed! And thus, are my adventures with the wonderful game of Life, where things don’t get worse, just more interesting!

Well, thats all for this letter folks I hope you enjoyed this week’s report! I won’t die; I promise!

Have a good week!

Going forth with the vision of Christ and an eye of Faith,

Elder Rhys Wheeler

P.S. Mom thanks for your love and support! Keep correcting those typos! 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1