Letter From Rhys - Week #16 - Wish I Had Continued Those Piano Lessons

Buenas Lunes from the tropical land of the Republica Dominicana!

All is well here in the nice hot sun provided for us by our God. A couple things happened this week...
First off, I forgot to mention in my last letter that my companion cut my hair! It’s kind of like a bowl cut, but with it I could pull off almost any 80's hair style! This has been a hilarious experience for me. My Mission President saw it too but he had no comments about it and so it meets the mission standards. No worries there.

Anyway, this week we were privileged to have a Zone Conference with Elder Gonzales Of the Seventy. He taught us many great points of the gospel that we need to make sure we teach in each of our lessons. It was a very inspiring meeting and I took a lot of notes! I also had the privilege of seeing my mission father [the missionary who trained me] Elder Smith once more! He laughed at me because of my haircut and thinks I look ridiculous.

My Companion is an amazing missionary and is helping me a lot with working with bad habits that I have.  It’s been really nice and a slight challenge working with Elder Portillo but the end of the transfer is coming fast so I won’t be with him for much longer.

Today for our P-day we went to Sambil and had the chance to go to the  batting cages! It was pretty fun to be a total boss hitting balls that are flying 70mph!  Ok, that may have been slightly exaggerated, because I haven’t played in 6 years but I still did pretty well.  

This past Sunday we also were able to confirm the 2 girls we baptized last week. Also, at the moment I should probably mention that we are teaching more people who speak French and Creole more than we are people who speak Spanish!  There are a lot of Haitians in our area and we just happen to find them all through church and contacting!

This Past Sunday was also fast and testimony meeting.  It was Awesome because there was absolutely no space for silence. Almost every person in a congregation of 70 people or more bore their testimony of how the Gospel of Christ has blessed their lives.  There’s nothing better than to see the gospel working miracles in the lives of so many people!  I wish you all could be there to see it too!

I should probably mention I play the piano for sacrament meeting, too. It’s not bad, but it’s not good.  I can only the play the melody of the hymns, usually, though I’m getting more practice with chords and using both hands.

Well, really that’s all for this week.  Sorry if the brief report upsets some people!  I love you all and please remember to…

Go Forth with the Vision of Christ and an eye of Faith,

Elder Rhys Wheeler

P.S. Mom sorry the picture thing is still and issue, I’ll try to fix it soon.

P.P.S. Also, Please, don’t forget the typos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1