Letter From Kelson - Week # 69 - Back in SAC!! (Think of ACDC)

Good Morning From Sunny California!!!

It has been a long while since I last wrote to you...What's new? Anything worthy of a shout out from the most handsome missionary in the whole continental United States!?!?!? When I meet him I will tell him to shout it out, but until then you will have to deal with me. I am now serving in the Sacramento Young Single Adult (YSA) Branch with Elder Lawrence, who started his mission a couple of transfers before me in the Mission Oak and Eastern Avenue wards...That's a long time ago now, GEEZ I am old. He is even older, haha

Since I am now serving here I have many more responsibilities!!! YAY! I love responsibility; it is my favorite past time. Right up there with DDR and Scum. It keeps us busy and helps us to see the whole mission succeed. I am a Zone Leader over the whole Sacramento zone, 30 missionaries or so, and I get to help them make sure things run smoothly. And when things have problems, we have this magic bag of fixing agents to make it work out. Once I get my magic bag I will tell you. Anyway, I love it, I thought I would dread it, but it has it's perks. Like a car!!!, maybe a pretty close relationship with all of my missionaries and the Mission President, and a nice relaxing stare at my actions as the missionaries watch my every move...Wait, What?! Yep, there are a lot of things that come with leadership, perks, and eyes. However, I have this really powerful being watching out for me, and helping me to overcome my short-comings, so I am set for Life. 

Anywho, we are seeing a lot of success in our Zone, we have had 6 baptisms this month and we have the potential for 6 more, which means that we will break the high-water mark (Most # of baptisms in a month) and President Lewis will take us out for Breakfast... YES!! Now, that is not the reason we are baptizing these people, but it is a nice perk when it comes down to be able to see many truly converted people enter into the waters of baptism. We have one of those soon to be baptized, her name is Phinalye and she is so solid. She reads, comes to church, is super open to the spirit, and she just loves all of it. I can't wait for her baptism on the 31st because then things are going to go Crazy Nutz!!!

I love my area, I love my mission. There is so much that has taken place, there are places I've been, things I've done, and people I have met that I would have never done while I was in Ohio. And on top of all that I get to see the lives of people change into something that will help them succeed in their near future and into eternity! How Great is My Calling!!! This is kind of a short letter, because I have limited time, the crap has kind of hit the fan and I must run to the next rescue operation to be performed by the Zone Leaders.  Know that every day I think about you, and then I cast away those thoughts, because they might make me miss you...but I still pray that all is well with those who have affected my life!!! Which is everyone so, guess what? you're grandfathered in...Lucky Dawgs you!!! 

Love ya,
Elder Wheeler

P.s. Kelson: Mom!!! Typos Please!!!! 
       Mother: NO! 
       Kelson: Pretty Please!! With sugar on top!!!
       Mother: Okay, but next time you will have to add a cherry too! 
       Kelson: You got it Boss!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Rhys - Week #15 - The Adventures of Elder Chu: Part 1