Letter From Rhys - Week #24 - Will He Stay or Will He Go Now?

Feliz Lunes from the tropical Land of the Republica Dominicana! 

This Week was the last week of the transfer, and as such, I had already begun packing over the last week in anticipation for leaving my area and going somewhere else. On Tuesday, we had interviews with President, and as a preparation I made my mother’s Chicken Fiesta Salsa for my district and zone! They loved it. I had a hard time controlling my companion and all the Elders during the meeting. It was like a box of one dozen starving crazed weasels... Not really, but they did devour all of the salsa with the chips. I also was asked to write down the recipe for a couple of them so they could make it themselves later. It was interesting taking a recipe and translating it from English to Spanish. Really it’s not hard.

Anyway, throughout this week we did a lot of teaching members and less active members. We are working with a few families on preparing to enter into the temple and make the necessary covenants for eternal marriage. There are a lot more members of the ward who are getting involved in our work as well, which is super sweet because there are a lot of people who are ready to receive the gospel, but only two full time missionaries!

This past weekend was also Stake Conference for us and we had the pleasure of hearing from Elder Alanzo of the Seventy talk with us and the members about ward missionary work. It was super awesome to hear Elder Alanzo talk about ways the members need to help the missionaries! With their help the work progresses so much faster.  

Our mission president, President Smith, talked to the stake as well. During his talk he asked all of the missionaries to stand up. All of us stood up. we were all in the back sitting with our investigators whom we were bringing or waiting for so everyone had to look all the way back to see us. After the 16 of us sat down, he then asked every person who was baptized by the missionaries to stand up.  Almost the entire congregation stood up! It was awesome! Just to give perspective, there were about 600 people present and only 50 or 60 people sitting down. I wish everyone could have been there to see it. It was a true witness to the divinity of this work and that the gospel really is for everyone.

And you are all probably now saying, “come on Elder! Tell us if you’re being transferred!” Well, ladies and gentlemen. Boys and Girls. People of all ages. As a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East mission, Elder Wheeler is going...







No Where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There’s absolutely no change in my companionship for 6 more weeks!

That’s right. There’s no change. All that packing I’ve done in the last week has only just decluttered my apartment! So, it wasn’t a waste really, I also was able to pack all of the clothes I am not in need of at the current moment in my mission. So, because there was no change and it was P-day, we didn’t do anything special! I just Cleaned the entire apartment before noon and because we’re poor and don’t get our Apoyo (support money) until Wednesday we didn’t go anywhere.

Well, Thanks for humoring me for 10, maybe 15 minutes of your time to read this letter. I sure hope that my audience really does enjoy the effort I put into it to make it more entertaining.

And it came to pass that Elder Wheeler finished his letter home with an awesome catch phrase saying...

Going forth with the vision of Christ and an eye of Faith!

Elder Rhys Wheeler

P.S. I know I say this every time and it may annoy people... specifically my mother but mommy! Typos! Please!

P.P.S. Who am I kidding!? My mom probably loves it! It is from her son after all. 😎😉😁

P.P.P.S. Duces!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter From Kelson - Week # 97 - A-....Oooo Shiny,D-......Squirrel!!, D

Letter from Kelson - Week #18 - Thank goodness for the Mission!!!

Letter From Kelson - Week # 55 - Happy MOMMA's DAY!!!!